Saturday 19 March 2011

Try your Luck

I got infected with the lottery buying bug recently. I woke up one morning with the thought that the fastest and easiest way to get the kind of money I desire was to hit the Euromillion jackpot. No doubt, I was influenced by the number of lottery winners popping champagne featured in the local papers recently.

The first thing I did was to select my lucky numbers, then I registered online on the national lottery website. Knowing what lottery to play was a nightmare, I was spoilt for choice, Lotto, Euromillions, Thunderball, Gold riches and even retro riches. I at last settled for the Euromillion. Then I started to count the days till friday when the winning numbers are selected. Friday night finally dawned and I excitedly checked my account, alas, no win. £6 down the drain! But then, I have always said I wanted to try everything at least once in my life so why not?

If only I had stopped then, but you know how it came be with addictions. I fixated on the idea of the scratchcard. Hassle free lottery. You walk into a shop, hand in your money and you get a card. So I stopped of at a store on my way to work one day to purchase a ticket. Unfortunately, my first foray into the world of scratch cards was unproductive.

After spending £12 in all buying lottery tickets, i only won once and it was a meagre £2. However, I might try it again, who knows? I may just be the one in the papers popping champagne with a cheshire grin on my face.

No comments: